2.04.2010

W-Hair Have We Been?

Well, yesterday was an eventful day. Not only did both boys have to go to the doctor to get shots (I guess that's what happens when you have your kids' birthdays so close together), but they both went afterward to get their hair cut. And it was W's first one ever.

Now, I know there have probably been many of you (MOM) who have seen recent pictures of W and have been screaming at your computer screen that that little hooligan needs a haircut! And trust me, it's not that we had some grand plan that we were going to let it grow out or anything, we just kind of ignored it for a while and it kept getting longer and longer and longer.

So I finally gave in when a) I realized that I really had to do something, like, yesterday; b) I wanted to surprise the hubby with W's first hair cut; and c)E got all excited when I told him if he was brave at the doctor getting his shots, that we'd go get his hair cut (which I had no idea he'd be so excited about). He was more excited about that than about getting some candy! :) So that's when I finally buckled down, bit the bullet, and took them both in.

Luckily the salon wasn't crowded and both boys did a GREAT job. Unfortunately, I don't have any 'during' pics to share, since W was sitting on my lap the whole time. But I can share some befores and afters. :) Enjoy!

LBL_2745_web
W before

LBL_2754_web
E before (sorry, he's showing off his cereal breakfast. Wouldn't pose for me any other way. Don't get me started on that, geez...)

LBL_2769_web
W after -- doesn't he look like a little man? I can't believe it, he's no longer a baby! He's my big, grown up one-year-old.

LBL_2808_web
E after -- finally got a semi-normal smile. I was happy. :)

Here are some more of the boys hanging out.

LBL_2788_BW_web

LBL_2790_BW_web

LBL_2774_web

LBL_2763_web
This is the only one of them standing up together -- W had no intention of turning around and smiling for the camera. And without an assistant to help, I was up a creek.

Ah well, whaddya gonna do...

I'm just glad that their hair is under control again. For now.

Now it's on to the hubby...

9 comments:

Janae and Topher said...

They're so cute!!! I can't believe how big West is!

Emily Busath Murdock said...

Cute pictures! When I look at the "after" ones of your boys (individual ones) I see a strong resemblance to my boys, it's so funny how that works! Sometimes I don't think our boys look anything alike but then they'll make a certain expression, or I'll see a particular photo and then I can see that they're related!

Laurel said...

I know what you mean, Em! Sometimes I look at your boys and think the same thing. :)

Emily said...

Such handsome little guys! So sweet.

Shelley said...

Such fun pics of your little guys! West totally looks like Nathan doesn't he? Love the cute way you style their hair too!

Jamie and Erin said...

What adorable boys you have! It's amazing how fast they grow!

Allison said...

Adorable!

Jessica said...

Such cute boys! This is Jessica from Running with Scissors. To answer your question about the mom t-shirt, I haven't worn it, but I would think it would be a challenge to handle the baby, covering up, and snapping all those snaps, but that is what my friend wanted. I had some other ideas if you want to try them out.
Thanks for looking at my blog!
runningscissor@gmail.com

Janine said...

Cute story...and super-cute haircuts! West looks like a big boy now! Love the pictures - you do a great job on them!