5.22.2007

Had to Share


Our Stake had a big Enrichment meeting/program this weekend for which I sang in the Stake choir. It was a beautiful program and we had a great speaker. She said something that really made sense to me on my own personal level.

She was talking about our feeling of shame and guilt and how when we sin, we feel even less worthy to speak with Heavenly Father through prayer. She said this is such a silly notion, because this really is the time to seek Him the most.


She said imagine if you heard someone saying, "You know, I've got an appointment to go see my doctor on Friday, but I've got this awful bronchitis. I have to get over it before my appointment! I don't want my doctor to see me while I have this illness, he'll think I'm weak! I sure hope that I can get well before I see him."

This is exactly how it is when we don't seek our Father in Heaven after we've done something wrong. We feel like we have to wait to talk to Him until we feel more worthy. But the point is that He is there for us in those times. He is there to help us get better and become clean. He is there to wash away our sins and He wants to hear from us!


She also said something that touched me. She said, He is not thinking, "Oh, here we go again, Laurel. What is it this time?" He's thinking more along the lines of, "I'm so glad you came to talk to me about this."
He doesn't expect perfection from us. Would you of your children? Of course not.

He is loving and kind and is reaching out to us, just waiting for us to come to Him. The door is open, we just have to go through it.

No comments: