10.29.2007

Checking In

I know it has been a really long time since I posted something here, and my Freebie Friday thing has kind of gone out the window.

There are many reasons for this, as life has sort of taken over and I have been stressed about other things. I'm sure you all know how that goes. I've also just accepted a job teaching with ScrapGirls, and I'm planning on doing some photo retouching classes. So that should be a lot of fun, but it is a lot of work.

Then just the little things that keep popping up, like other family photo shoots and our church's children's program (I was in charge of all the music) and other family things as well. So I apologize, but will do my best to post more.

I wanted to share that last week we got to go see the Dixie Chicks and the Eagles in concert at the new Nokia Theatre in LA. It was really fun, even if the venue is catered to the more snobby type of people, lol. Instead of regular concert foodfare, they had sushi rolls, ciabatta sandwiches and $5 bags of M&M's. No thank you.

But it was fun to see the concert. I'll admit, I wasn't exactly sure how much I would enjoy the Eagles, I mean, of course you'd enjoy it because it's the Eagles, but I've never really 'noticed' what songs they sing or anything like that. But I'll tell you, I was up and dancing most of the time and they were fun guys. Plus they're such talented musicians, you just can't overlook that fact when you're watching them live.

The Dixie Chicks were really fun. They really took me back to my high school days with some of their songs and it was cool. I was hesitant to 'enjoy' their stuff because of everything they've said about politics and such, but the older stuff really brought back great memories and I loved singing along.

Then on Saturday, we went to a local pumpkin patch and had a fun time. Eli was enthralled with all the pumpkins, and it was fun just to be there together as a family. We didn't get any group shots, but I did get a few fun ones of Eli and both the boys. Someday I'll have pictures of myself, lol. :)

I'll leave you with pictures from the patch. Until next time!

No comments: