12.01.2007

Thanksgiving report


Hi all! Just wanted to give a quick update on our Thanksgiving weekend and what we've been up to lately.

I had a very busy week during Thanksgiving, taking over all the customer service emails for Angie so that she could have somewhat of a vacation. I tell you what -- knowing that there are hundreds and hundreds of emails in your box waiting for you to look through and answer is really a stressful situation. And I'm the type of person that has to clear my inbox when I see it, so I couldn't just relax until I knew it was finished. I swear, I don't know how Angie does it full-time. She must be Wonder Woman!

After that, we went up to Nathan's family's house for Thanksgiving. We stayed there Wednesday night and then got up to play football on Thursday. I think I'm too competitive. I get too into it and want to win so I push myself hard. Well, I felt the repercussions of that all weekend long as my muscles all refused to do anything I wanted. It's not fun having to pull your own leg up to cross it because it just won't work on its own. Man, I need to get back to working out! :)

I will include some football pictures, though, so you can see how much fun we had. Oh, and I made sure to get pictures of all the football game faces. (Don't mind Janae, she wasn't feeling well.) :)Layout uses Talina Ripper's Football Papers, Theresa Kavouras' Football Collection Mini, and Jan Hicks' Curled Frames Embellishment Biggie.


After football we had a great Thanksgiving feast, although my rolls didn't turn out AGAIN! I don't know what it is, I use the same recipe here and there, do all the same things, but I just can't get my rolls to rise at the in-laws. Hmmm, maybe it's something to do with the mixer or amount of yeast or something? No idea.... Oh well, the rest of the dinner was great. Nathan even made the turkey this year and it was yummo! (We did a test turkey the week before just to make sure and it was good.)

Then Nathan's birthday was on Friday, which I'll post separately about. On Saturday, I had a marathon craft day, making things for Scrap Girls and the 12 Days of Christmas. You won't want to miss out, so sign up for the newsletter! :) There are a lot of fun things to do with the specials this year, plus games and challenges and sales and goodies. It's going to be fun. But it was a lot of work! :) You'll see my layouts and craft projects in the newsletter starting on the 13th. Be on the lookout!

That's all for now. But don't worry, I'll be back! :)


1 comment:

Cecelia said...

Enjoyed reading about your Thanksgiving and seeing the pictures. You're lucky to have a larger, active family! I wrote about mine on my blog, but put a painting of a family, in general. We only have 5 people left, two seniors and 2 children, plus one more in the nursing home. We used to have a huge family, so holidays are a bit sad and quiet. Still look forward to them, though.
Thanks for sharing. I know you all will have a big, fun, Christmas!
Cecelia
http://cecelia-throughmyeyes.blogspot.com/