2.21.2008

Jetlag, Pictures and the Missionaries

Well, we're home safe and sound. I know this is a little late to be posting that statement, as we got back on Sunday night, but I still feel like I'm recovering from flying half-way around the world. :) The jetlag is honestly not that bad, except for the fact that I really don't want to get out of bed in the morning. Not just an "I'm tired and want 5 more minutes" type of thing. Nuh-uh. This is an "I cannot physically open my eyes" kind of a thing. I'm just hoping that that goes away soon. I'm sure it doesn't help that I stay up until midnight catching up on the episodes of Lost that I missed, but hey, I can blame it all on the jetlag, right? :)

I was happy to see when we got home from the trip that in our tower of mail that was left, there were the Busath photos on CD for me. Yippee! For those of you who don't know, we got our whole extended family pictures taken while we were in Utah for Christmas. It was a rare event when all the kids and spouses and grandkids were in attendance. So I'm excited to get to start playing with those, moving heads and slimming people down. :) Dontcha just love Photoshop??

And tonight we had the missionaries from our church over for dinner. I swear, these boys that go on missions just have the Spirit with them, it's just so easy for them to be focused on sharing the Gospel. I have a really hard time with that myself, because of a lot of different reasons. One is that I'm worried that whoever I approach will be offended and never talk to me again. Another is that I'm worried that I won't know how to answer all the questions someone may have, since I'm not the most learned Gospel scholar. Another reason is that I automatically assume that everyone is comfortable where they're at and they wouldn't be interested in hearing anything different.

I think it's different for me because I grew up in this church, and I have always just known what is expected of me. I of course had to go through my own experiences and gain my own testimony of the Gospel, but I've never been without it, so it's hard for me to imagine what it's like not knowing the truth. I know I just need to break out of my comfort zone and try to be more vocal about my faith. Or maybe just more comfortable in sharing that sacred, personal part of my life. Well, I'm working on it. :)

Okay, after that heavy subject ::smile:: I'll leave you with some fun new layouts. One is from Manly Beach in Australia, and one is of Angela and Eli that I just love. TTFN!


This layout uses Lifted Photos: Weathered and Worn Embellishment Biggie by Melissa Renfro, SS Paper Templates: Ratty Tatty by Durin Eberhart, SS Embellishment Templates: Rivet Up Biggie by Brandy Murry, Fanciful Frames Brush set by Amanda Sok, Luxe Borders Brush set by Thao Cosgrove, Endearing You Alpha and Word Art by Thao Cosgrove, Textured Cardstock Mega Pack 1 by Amanda Sok, Digital Stickers: Folded Flowers by Amanda Sok, SS Paper Templates: Coffee Stains by Mandy Steward, SS Digital Layout Templates: Layered - Tattered and Stitched by Cheryl Barber, and SS Layer Your Own Brushes: Worn Seals by Brandie Valenzuela.

Layout uses: Destinations Embellishments 1 by Erica Hite, SS Tools - Shapes: Vintage Labels 6301 by Syndee Nuckles, SS Paper Templates: Photocopy Biggie by Thao Cosgrove, Hula Sue Collection Biggie by Valerie Randall, SS Paper Templates: Stenciled Ornaments by Amanda Sok, SS Paper Templates: Persian Breeze by Brandy Hackman, and Affection Collection by Thao Cosgrove.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments: