9.28.2008

We are BLESSED!

Oh my goodness, I'm feeling so overwhelmed with love and gratitude right now. The Lord has really shown me and my family how much He loves us today. First of all, I had a most sweet and touching spiritual affirmation in Primary today (I am our ward's chorister, which means I teach singing time to the children ages 4 to 11).

After listening to the children sing "If the Savior Stood Beside Me", I was overcome with the Spirit and a sense of great love for these dear, dear children that I have been teaching for over a year now. I started to cry and could barely communicate how I was feeling with them. That's never happened to me before. And I'm sure it was a combination of the Spirit being so strong, the realization that I will most likely be moving away from these precious children very soon, and my hormones being out of whack because of the pregnancy. :)

But no matter the reason, I was just so grateful to have been given this feeling of love and accomplishment. You see, I've been feeling really down about this calling lately because I have felt like I am so not qualified to teach these children music, and that I have been failing miserably. So it was a tender mercy from the Lord today to hear these children singing a song that I was able to (finally!) teach them, and to feel the Spirit that they brought in because of it. So I left feeling so grateful for that moment.

Secondly, after we got home from church, we got a call from our realtor. The bank accepted the offer we made on the house!! Which means that we have actually done it!! :) We're going to schedule the inspection for sometime this week, and if that all checks out, we're going to be moving at the end of October!! I am literally just in shock right now. I can't believe we actually got this house -- it's big, it's got a big yard, and it's everything we could have wanted. PLUS, we got it for a screaming deal and so we just can't believe it. I know that those of you who were praying for us certainly helped this process along, so I am extremely grateful to you all. And thanks for being so supportive and putting up with my back and forth posts about the stressful situation. :) Here are some pictures of our new house (barring any scary inspection findings, lol):

Oh, and the comments were meant for Nathan -- I saw the house while he was out of town, so this was me telling him about it. You can just disregard unless you're really interested. :)

Brianwood_01

Front view of the house. What you can't see is that it's a 3-car garage.

Brianwood_02

Brianwood_03

The kitchen. And yes, we'll be changing the backsplash
(much to everyone's chagrin, I'm sure. LOL).

Brianwood_05

Brianwood_11

(Rolling Hills was another house I looked at that day)

Brianwood_14

Upstairs view

So needless to say, I am praying that everything will be perfectly fine with this house and that the inspection will turn out great, so that we can move quickly. And I know it's going to be a lot of stress, but I'm just glad that we have finally found somewhere and we acted fast enough that we didn't lose out!

Thanks again to everyone for your great comments of encouragement and support. I'm so grateful for you all!

And last but not least, I'll include one of the cutest pictures of Eli in the last while. I got lucky enough today to have this one turn out great. :) Love my 50mm lens!! :)

My little love

11 comments:

Janae and Topher said...

Congratulations!!! You guys got a house. That is awesome. I am so happy for you guys. It looks really nice and I am sure Eli is going to have a blast running around the yard.

Caroline said...

OMG Laurel, that's great! I am happy for you! Eli is such a aweet boy!

Emily Busath Murdock said...

Hooray! I was so excited to get your text. Congrats, you guys deserve it! :)
Crossing our fingers that everything works out......

JAG said...

YAY YAY YAY!! It looks great!! If you change the kitchen, I'll cut you. Fair warning. :)
I can't wait to see it in real life! I'm really happy for you guys and hope that the inspection comes through.

Emily said...

That is so awesome Laurel! Where is the house? Are you still going to be in the ward? I'm so happy for you!

That pic of Eli is so the cutest!

Jed said...

Sweet!!! I like it alot!

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

Yeah! Wonderful news :D
Ladybug hugs,
;D

Shalae said...

Yeah Laurel! I'm so excited for you! You'll love having your own place. Hopefully everything works out with the inspection!

Launa said...

Your new house looks fabulous!! You are truly blessed!! :D

Mandy said...

This home looks amazing. Wonderful news! So happy for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Laurel, your new home is beautiful. You are such a wonderful person. You and Nathan are truly blessed to be moving into a beautiful home, and to be welcoming a new baby soon. I am happy for you! Love, Julie