1.16.2009

Our doctor's appointment went well yesterday. We're dilated to a 2 and everything's looking good for Monday. We go in at 7am, and my doctor thinks that we'll have our new baby with us by lunchtime. Sure hope she's right! I'm sure it goes without saying, but I'm excited!

Today is going to be especially great because my best friend Summer is coming to visit and Nathan comes home tonight! Yippee! He's been out of town this whole week on a nightmare kind of a job.

Definitely not the best timing in the world, but at least he gets two full weeks of paternity leave after today. Thank heavens! And the baby hasn't come early while he's been away, which is a major blessing. So lots to be thankful for, even though it hasn't been the easiest week.

Thanks to everyone for your sweet comments and words of encouragement. I can't wait to post about our new arrival when he gets here!

7 comments:

JAG said...

Paternity leave, eh? Sounds pretty sweet!

Amy Lemaniak said...

Yay! Glad everything is going well so far, sounds like he'll make his little debut on Monday. Good luck, Laurel and can't wait to see pics of him!

Janae and Topher said...

I am glad everything is progressing well. Tie Nathan down while you have the chance. I hope all is going well. I am looking forward to meeting my new nephew.

Launa said...

I can't wait to see him Laurel, I know he's going to be beautiful! I'll be thinking about you and praying for you on Monday! I know you will have an awesome, blessed delivery!
Blessings!!
Launa

Elise said...

YAY!! I'm excited for you guys!!! And say hello to summer for me- how nice to be able to spend some time together. I'll be thinking of you on Monday!!

Strobist Girl said...

Just checking in to see if there are pictures yet - I hope that you are doing well and I am so excited for Eli to be a BIG brother :D

Ladybug hugs~~
;D

Emily Busath Murdock said...

HELLO!!! Where are the pics of the baby boy with lots of dark hair???