10.30.2009

Is October almost over? Already?

Wow! This month seems like it has just flown by so fast! I suppose it's because we've been super busy, the hubby and I have both been out of town (him -- a LOT) and I've just put blogging on the back-burner. (Yeah, as if you couldn't tell already...)

SO, I thought I'd post a little update about us and what we've been up to lately.


Earlier this month, the kids and I took a trip up to Utah so that I could attend and also teach at the ScrapGirls convention. It was a long road trip there and back, but it was also a lot of fun. Not only did we get to hang out with Matt, Shayne, Remi and Corr, but I also got to take some
fun pictures of their family! It was so nice to have somewhere to sleep so that we could break up the trip a little.

Then once we were in Utah, I got to hang with my ScrapGirls friends, see my sister and her hubby, visit with my aunt Mary, and just have a generally good time. Lots of good sleep was had, which is coveted these days. Here are some pictures from the convention:










Those ones at the end are some fun portraits my friends asked me to do while we had spare time here and there. It was so fun to get to photograph them and hopefully give them some new avatars! :) Because really, as women (and especially moms!), how often are we in front of the camera instead of behind it? Not often enough, I tell you! So I was glad to give these women a brief chance to have their photos taken.

I urge you to do the same! Ask a friend, your hubby, even your kids to take some photos of you once in a while. Even if you have to bust out the tripod, just DO IT! You won't be sorry. Your kids will actually have a photographic record of the mom they love! :)


And because I suffer from the same predicament, I'll show you my own portrait that my friend Caroline took:



So yeah, that's my soap-box moment for the day. :)

I hope you're all having a wonderful week and getting ready for a great Halloween! We are going to our ward's Trunk-or-Treat activity tonight, but that's another post.....


(does that keep you in enough suspense? check back tomorrow for our big costume reveal!)

3 comments:

Joseph & Tracy Larsen said...

It sounds like you've been having fun. I had a flashback of last year's halloween! We sure miss seeing you around.

Caroline said...

Wow, it has been fun to see all these photos and they all made me smile! Now I am glad that the photo I took from you has turned out good ;) I like it a lot. You are beautiful!!

Laurel said...

Thanks, Caroline, you did a wonderful job! :D