5.18.2011

Beautiful day

Yesterday it rained quite a bit, especially in the morning. I was caught off-guard and had the kids in shorts and sandals. Awesome. At least we weren’t going anywhere outside.

But then once we got home and settled into the afternoon and then evening, it started turning beautiful. The clouds changed from grey, dull blankets to puffy white marshmallows surrounded by gorgeous blue sky. So we headed outside to hang out for a while.

LBL_1486

Don’t worry, I get ‘attacked’ by all sorts of boy inventions. I think this one was a laser beam, but I’m not sure. Judging by the sound effects, it probably was.

LBL_1444

Then there’s this photo that just captures the little guy so well right now. He’s a handful, that’s for sure. But he’s MY handful.

LBL_1452_W

Even when he’s running around outside in his skivvies. Or running around inside with his skivvies. Notice a trend? Getting him to put on pants is like trying to keep sand in a bucket with holes in it – good luck!

LBL_1478

The light was just beautiful and I love our backyard’s lawn. I’ll take a blanket out there and just chill out for a while. I highly recommend it!

LBL_1422

Little goober. This look says, “Mom, really with that camera again??”

LBL_1509_crop

But then he’s okay because he’s just chillin’, drinking a Sunny-D, and making funny faces. That’s how he rolls.

SunnyD

Hope your day was (is) fantastic!

2 comments:

Christy said...

I still swear Eli and Sage were cut from the same cloth - right down to their lack of desire to be fully clothed!! LOL! :D

Laurel said...

Haha, totally Christy! I wish we lived closer so they could hang out together. :) (And us, too!)