5.13.2011

Random Things

 

I’m currently reading  the Count of Monte Cristo  on my Android, through a free Kindle

app. It’s pretty sweet – and while I think I’ll be reading it for about ten years (it’s the unabridged version), it’s definitely worth it. I mean, I’ve seen the James Caviezel, movie and loved it (heck, I even own it and watch it here and there), but I knew it would be awesome to read the real deal.

What’s best about it is all the language and how the descriptions of things are put together. I will be the first to admit that I am no writer. I struggle with the sound of my writing voice because I don’t want it to be too simple and conversational, but I also don’t want to start using huge words all over the place and sound really snooty.

But there’s just something about reading (or listening to) this old English that makes you feel so precise and proper. I really do love it, especially since it takes me out of my jeans and T-shirt living and momentarily transports me to another place and time. I’ll take it.


Also, I wanted to show you our newest FREE collection over at Scrap Girls!

image

The designers have been hard at work with a new collection for you to try out – especially if you’ve always wanted to see what digital scrapbooking is all about but don’t want to invest in it just yet. (But be forewarned, once you catch the digital scrapbooking bug, you won’t want to stop!)

And of course, if you have any questions about your software, the files, how you even get started, you can let me know. I am pretty confident in my ability to answer. ;)

Or, you can also check out this FREE guide to beginning digital scrapbooking. It’s got a ton of great information.

image

 


And last, but not least, I wanted to share some fun news! E had his big kindergarten assessment yesterday and he passed it with flying colors! The teachers were really impressed with his speed reading skills and I have to confess, I had a proud Mama moment. I mean, it’s one thing to have a child who you know is pretty smart, but when others are just amazed by him, then it becomes a little more real. Of course, I can’t really take much credit for it since his brain is basically wired that way and he came to us already super smart. But I am still extremely proud of him and excited for his new adventure (and mine! 5 days a week!).

We can’t wait to start kindergarten in the fall!

No comments: