11.26.2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today I am thankful for my amazing immune system that allows me to fend off disease when every other member of my family gets it.

I'm thankful for close family members that allow my husband and I to get random date nights together, because we sure need it these days!

I'm thankful for my hard-working partner who provides so well for our little family, especially when it's not fun and hard. For the way he's constantly making me happy and making me laugh.

I'm thankful for two handsome boys who keep me on my toes and always trying to be a better mom for them. I fail miserably, but they make me try. And I'm thankful for moments like these:

extreme closeup!

I'm thankful for a wonderful sister who is inspiring and spiritual and whom I love to talk to.

I'm thankful for a wonderful sister who is hilarious and fun and whom I love to talk to.

I'm thankful for a wonderful brother who is serving a full-time mission for our church, who inspires me constantly with his devotion and amazing attitude, and whom I am so proud of.

I'm thankful for a wonderful sister who is just so cute, who makes me want to be more stylish, and who is the most caring person you'll probably ever meet.

I'm thankful for a wonderful brother who makes me laugh with the silliest things, who loves playing with my children and is growing into someone who they can look up to one day.

I'm thankful for an amazing mother who loves her children to the nth degree and who has so much creativity is just spills out of her. I'm so grateful to her for the hard life she led to raise SIX children at home (I have two and don't know how I survive some days!) and who tries so very hard to do what is right.

I'm thankful for an amazing father who taught me right from wrong and how to aspire to something greater. For the example of a great work ethic that he showed me.

There are so many more people and things in my life that I am grateful for, it would take a long time to list. Just suffice it to say that I am grateful for every single blessing in my life, recognized or not. And most of all, I am thankful to my Savior, Jesus Christ, for his sacrifice for me and my family and all that that means for me. I can't adequately describe how that makes me feel, both because I lack words and because it is so sacred to me. But I know that it's real and I am grateful.

What are you grateful for this Thanksgiving?

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Happy Thanksgiving my sweet friend! I am grateful to count you as my friends! hugs!