2.27.2013

Catching up!

Hi everyone! Or, at least whomever is still reading this blog, ha, I know it’s not that many. I have finally carved out some time to do a little catch-up post. I suppose I’ll start from most recent and work my way back. We’ll see.
This week was fun, we just got back from a trip to Utah, and instead of going right back into the routine and tackling the pile of laundry staring me down, on Monday I took West to Disneyland. We got passes again this year for Christmas, and I feel like we haven’t used them as much as I’d like. Of course, it’s hard with a child in school and everything, but I wanted to just go. So we did! Here are some fun pictures from the day.
Waiting in line:
LBL_6033
LBL_6052
LBL_6051
We saw Lightning McQueen making his way to sign autographs:
LBL_6072
While we ate at Flo’s Café:
LBL_6079
After that we headed to Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. This one is always a favorite with both my boys. We started with the tire swing. He’s such a little guy and it’s fun to watch him zip down the line…
LBL_6087
…and then slam into the tire at the end and go swinging! So fun.
LBL_6093
Next we headed to the little ‘graduation ceremony’ they do for all the Wilderness Explorers. I love the thought they put into the details of this little show and the leader is always so energetic and fun.
LBL_6096
LBL_6097
LBL_6100
After helping out with the show (West was being VERY interactive and answered each and every question emphatically. It was pretty hilarious, and he was cracking everyone up.), West got to get his sticker badge and take a photo with Russell. He had lots of fun!
LBL_6109
Then it was off to the slides…
LBL_6110
LBL_6112
LBL_6114
…and then rock climbing!
LBL_6118
LBL_6121
LBL_6123
And a final JUMP! to the finish line!
LBL_6130
That was pretty much our fun day! After rock climbing, we had to start heading home so that we could be there when Eli got out of school. I thought I was leaving plenty of time, but of course it turned out to be the first time we’ve ever been late to pick up Eli from school. He was confused as to why we weren’t there, but luckily a mom from our street spotted him and sat with him until we got there. Which was, literally, about 4 minutes after they let out, but he was already starting to walk home on his own. I’m glad for the mom for stopping with him so that he didn’t head all the way home! Needless to say, we had a good talk about what to do if Mom isn’t there after school.
In any case, I predict a lot more Disney dates with West this year. Hopefully will better time management so we don’t miss E!

No comments: