2.20.2013

Hanging with good friends

We were so lucky to grab some time to meet up with my dear friend Tracy this week! The kids have missed seeing her boys and Ruth, and Irvine Regional Park was the perfect setting to reconnect. It had been way too long since we had seen each other, and it was so good to get to chat together again and see what’s going on in each others’ lives. It’s crazy how fast the time goes when you’re in this season of life, with kids growing and pregnancies and babies and school schedules and everything needing your attention ‘right now’. So it was a blessing to stop for a while and just hang out. I miss that since moving away from Mission Viejo and one of my very favorite friends.

Here’s what we did!

We got to the park a tad early, so I took the boys out to explore and got a few shots of them.

IMG_4005

IMG_4007

I didn’t have my nice camera with me, but a semi-okay photo is better than no photo, right? ;)

IMG_4011

Then our friends came and we got to play with them! Best day ever!

IMG_4015

IMG_4013

IMG_4016

Once the woods trees had been thoroughly explored, we got the idea to rent a couple of bicycles that we could all fit on, and take those for a ride around the park. It was a ton of fun, but also a lot more strenuous to cart around the kids than I thought it would be. I definitely got my workout in for the day! :)

IMG_4022

IMG_4020

Of course, the only picture I got of West and he looks like he’s drunk! Haha.

IMG_4019

IMG_4024

We took our lunches with us and had a fun little picnic in the middle of the ride. It was perfect weather and we had a great time. After the bike ride was over, of course we had to have dessert! I had some cupcakes left over from a baby shower that weekend, and the kids thoroughly enjoyed them, even if they were all pink! :)

IMG_4027

IMG_4029

Then the boys wanted to play in the ‘woods’, which they remembered from a previous visit, and after they were done building their tree house, we got a shot of the whole group.

IMG_4036

And, of course, a silly one. We can’t miss that opportunity!

IMG_4039

Thanks so much for a great visit, Larsens! We sure miss you guys and wish we could see you more often. But we’ll still take what we can get! ;)

No comments: