10.17.2011

Kindergarten Field Trip

Some of the major things that I have been looking forward to about E being in kindergarten are field trips! I was really lucky to get to go on this one last Friday, as we had more parent volunteers than spaces available. So there was a random drawing and I got picked! I was really excited.

E was super excited for the field trip, but not because we were going to a farm to see animals and pick out pumpkins. Oh no, he was the most excited about riding the bus! He had never been on one before and this was his big debut. Of course, he loved it. He informed me that he sat by Isabelle on the way there and Robby on the way back. He said they played the animal game (where one kid thinks of an animal and then the others try to guess what it is by asking yes/no questions). I think he had lots of fun.

And, of course, here are the multitude of photos that I took while we were there!

The whole class upon arrival.

E and his friend Jovanny were the two kids in our little group.

We went to a farm where they make their own honey. The first stop? Checking out the bees that were busy working!

They gave our teacher her own candle and all the kids wanted to smell it. :)

Then they got to taste the honey!

Even our teacher got a yummy taste!

Next it was off to see the animals! But not before the kids got to traverse a little hay-maze. They loved it!

Then it was on to the animals! They got to feed a pair of llamas and the kids were loving it.

After the animals, they saw an old wooden train that they got to play on, and then they went through a tree maze. That was pretty cool – I wish I had one in my backyard!

Then it was off to pick a pumpkin!

A cute group photo of the class!

After that, was a hayride and then we got to hang out and rest, checking out our and everyone else’s pumpkins.

It was a really fun day and I’m so glad I got to go! :)

No comments: