4.29.2010

Busy busy busy! And sick sick sick!

Man, I feel like the last 2 weeks have seriously FLOWN by! After getting home from Salt Lake on a Monday night, I had all the sorts of things of getting back from a trip like laundry, putting away luggage, laundry, organizing photos, laundry, getting our meal plan back together, and did I mention laundry? Geesh, it was just me and I still feel like I was doing tons of loads! (Or maybe that was because there wasn’t any laundry done while I was gone….who knows.)

So just when things started to finally get back on our ‘normal’ track, whatever that is, E got hit with a stomach virus. We’re pretty sure it was the flu because he got a fever, then diarrhea and then full-blown puking. He couldn’t eat anything without losing it all day Saturday and Sunday. I won’t gross you out with the details of the TWO times that he threw up in the car Saturday. Yeah, that was fun.

LBL_1519_web

LBL_1527_web

And then, of course, the hubby caught it and came home early on Monday from work. He was out for the count for the next two days, spending all his time in either the bed or the bathroom. Yeah, that was fun too.

So now (fingers, toes, earlobes crossed) we’re finally feeling better. E is pretty much over it, hubby went to work today a little weak but better, and W and I haven’t caught it. Just pray I don’t because I’ve got a big family shoot this weekend and I don’t want to miss it! But then again, getting everyone contaminated would be worse, so if I’m feeling the slightest bit sick, I’m not going to risk it. We’ll assess tomorrow.

Needless to say, we don’t have a lot of photos to share for the last week or so. But I want to start a “Week in the Life” series next week or so that captures our everyday happenings. We’ll see how that goes. I’ve been inspired by Ali Edwards’ series that she did this week (ours would not have been pretty if I had followed along, haha) and I’m hoping to get some fun shots of our lives. Including the tent that we currently have set up in our living room! And possibly a fixed dryer? Yeah, that would actually would be fun!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Oh Laurel, that is no fun. I hope that you and Wes don't get it! Why do such things always happen when we are almost well organized huh that happens to me all the time. And then we have to start all over again. Ugh. Anyway. Hugs to you and your family. Hang in there!