11.04.2011

A Month of Thanks

I can’t believe how soon this month has come up on me. It really feels like just a few weeks ago that I was lamenting how far away the holidays were (in March) and wishing it would get here faster. Looks like my wish came true.

To celebrate this month and (hopefully) make it slow down a little tiny bit, I am going to jump on the bandwagon and compile a sort of gratitude journal here on my blog. Each day, I will post about something I am grateful for. I think that not only will it help November take it down a notch in the speed department, but also help me to recognize the amazing things that I have in my life. I have been needing that lately.

So here goes. Since I missed the first three days, I’ll list those things here in this first post, then continue with one a day throughout November!

1. I am grateful for my husband’s work ethic at his job. He doesn’t quit, he doesn’t complain (much), he works smart, and he does his best. I know he’s out there doing as much as he can so that he can come home to us as soon as he can. He takes initiative and he has a very good job to show for it. I’m proud of him.

2. I am grateful for my first-born child, E. He is the one who made me a mom, who constantly challenges me with his ideas and projects and questions, who makes me feel good about myself when he thinks I’m a genius because I know how boogers tickle your nose, and who is so, so intelligent. He is a goober, he tries to make me laugh, and I love how good it makes him feel when he succeeds.

3. I am grateful for my youngest child, W. He is seriously the cutest thing on the planet. His little voice melts me, even when he’s telling me “No!” and sticking out his lips in defiance. He loves being silly, laughing at his own jokes, and making his brother giggle. He is fearless when it comes to climbing on things and sometimes has to remind me that he’s only 2 1/2. He tries so hard to keep up with his big brother. And I love his little face way too much.

4. I am grateful for a garage that I can drive right into when it’s raining outside. I love being able to stay dry and warm when I get out of the car instead of having to scramble to run into the house. Along with that, I’m grateful for an automatic garage door opener that works most of the time, for the same reason.

No comments: