11.08.2011

MoT - 8

8. “I love technology, but not as much as you, you see. But I still love technology. Always and forever.”

Today I’m thankful for everything technology! I love my smartphone and the access it gives me to almost everything I need, wherever I am. I’ve been saved more than once at the grocery store because I forgot my list, and all I had to do was look up the recipe online and use it to get the ingredients I needed. Before technology, I’d have just been out of luck, because I have no memory for those types of things.

I can’t imagine what my photos would look like without the immediacy of digital files and the ability to tweak them in Photoshop. I wouldn’t have as great of photos of my kids, that’s for sure. I didn’t really have the money to spend on film figuring out settings on my camera, so I’m SO glad that digital was invented, just for the sake of convenience. It doesn’t cost anything to delete a bad photo!

I love having an instant way to connect with people, via text messages that are quick and easy. Of course, it’s not for all of my communication, but it’s so nice to be able to send a short note to someone I love, see exactly when they read it, and get one back. I love it.

So I supposed I’m grateful to live in a time when technology is so advanced. It’s pretty cool.

No comments: