2.27.2011

Still around, but still sick

So on Friday I spent 3 hours at the doctor's office. With about 4 minutes of actual time spent with the doctor. Now, normally I wouldn't even bother complaining about that, except that for this visit, I couldn't get a babysitter* so I had both boys with me. At the doctor's office -- first in the waiting room for 2 hours and then stuck in a little tiny exam room for another one. From 11:30am to 2:30pm, right through lunch. So they were sick, tired, hungry and cranky all around. And I felt so drained already from being sick myself! Let me just tell you, that was one of the worst days in a long time.

I was diagnosed with bronchitis and tonsillitis, given two shots of antibiotics before we left the office (E said, "Mom, you were so brave when you got the shots!") and then two prescriptions that we had to turn in and wait for after that.

I'm still in pretty bad shape. I'm just hoping that I start feeling better soon. I can't take much more of this horrible chesty, gunky cough and bad sore throat. It's the pits!

And if anyone is so inclined, we don't really need anything, but I will take prayers that the hubby does not come down with this. Which would actually be miraculous because he catches everything! But he really doesn't need to be sick, especially with all he's got going on at work and taking care of us. :) So any good thoughts or prayers in that vein would be greatly appreciated.

*Not that I looked for one and couldn't find one, but I didn't want to leave my kids with someone and share all their germs with the poor babysitter. Wouldn't be fair. So don't be worried that I didn't call you or anything. :)

1 comment:

Renee said...

I hope that you feel better Laurel! You should have called me, I would have totally babysat. :) And hopefully Nathan's immune system will work this time around . . .